- To enter the Republic of Belarus
- The Republic of Belarus operates congestion charg BelToll
- In the area between State border and adjoined checkpoint it is forbidden to
- At the checkpoints citizens are prohibited from
- The admission of foreigners staying in the Republic of Belarus
- At a border crossing a driver must remember
- When crossing Belarus state border a foreigner is obliged to
- Border crossing rules for foreigners
To enter the Republic of Belarus
To enter the Republic of Belarusforeign citizens shall have the following documents with themselves:
- valid passport or any other substitution document for travel abroad;
- document, granting the right to visit “Awgustow Canal” park;
- money: when entering Belarus a foreign a visitor should possess not less than 42 Belarusian rubles for each day of stay. This sum can be obtained in foreign currency or in the national currency of Belarus.
- insurance policy.
Attention! Toll roads: Electronic Toll Collection System "BelToll" in the Republic of Belarus
Tips for visa-free visitors of Grodno:
- Foreign visitors can enter Belarus visa-free if they plan to visit the territory of a special tourist and recreational part “Avgustov Channel”, and its adjacent territories.
- One can enter Belarus through crossing Belarus State Border at the checkpoints Lesnaya (Rudavka), and Bruzgi (Kuznitsa Belostokskaya) which border on Poland; at the checkpoints Privalka (Shviandubre), and Privalka (Raigardas) which border on Lithuania. A checkpoint at the railway station in Grodno and at Grodno airport is included in the list of checkpoints that carry out visa-free entry.
- Visa free territories are:
The Grodno region fully included into the territory of the park "Awgustow Canal".
- In order to enter the visa-free territory a foreign visitor should possess the document which is issued by Belarusian tourist agency.
- In order to obtain the document a foreign visitor is:
- to address Belarusian travel agency which has the right to issue such documents;
- to receive confirmation approving a foreign traveler’s right to enter Belarus visa-free, and to obtain tourist service which should be booked in advance.
- Before entering Belarus a foreign visitor is to get a health insurance for staying in Belarus.
- A foreign visitor entering Belarus visa-free is to present the following documents at Belarus State Border checkpoint:
- a valid document which allows to cross State Borders of foreign countries (passport);
- the document issued by Belarusian travel agency which allows to enter the above mentioned territories visa-free;
- Health insurance.
- A migration card is to be drawn up at the checkpoint of Belarus State Border. Comment: in case of migration card loss, a tourist will be fined.
Fill in the declaration and give it to customs agent IF YOU ARE IMPORTING:
|Commodities > 1500 euro or > 50 kg.|
|Cash and (or) travel checks on total more than equivalent of 10000 US Dollars.|
|Alcohol (>3 litres) Smokables (>200 pieces).|
|Cash instruments: bills, checks (bank checks), certificated securities.|
|Weapons and ammunition, gas canisters, tasers.|
|Medicines, drugs, potent substances and precursors.|
|Cultural valuables, printed products, books, newspapers, photos.|
|Commodities imported, more frequently than once every 3 calendar months.|
The Republic of Belarus operates congestion charg BelToll
The Republic of Belarus operates congestion charge BelToll. Map of toll roads.Drivers are required to pay for transit by the toll roads within “BelToll” system if they drive the following types of vehicles:
- Motor vehicles with technically permissible total mass of over 3,5 t .;
- Motor vehicles registered outside the Customs Union, with technically permissible total weight not exceeding 3.5 t. Drivers of vehicles with technically permissible total weight not exceeding 3.5 t. registered in the countries of the Customs Union, are exempt from tolls.
MAP OF TOLL ROADS
In the area between State border and adjoined checkpoint it is forbidden to
In the area between State border and adjoined checkpoint it is forbidden to:
- Park vehicles;
- Embark and disembark passengers;
- Complete handling charges;
- Stay in the area (for individuals who are not to cross the State border).
At the checkpoints citizens are prohibited from
At the checkpoints citizens are prohibited from:
- Taking photo and video;
- Making calls on mobile communications;
- Leaving money in the documents presented for checking;
- Committing actions aimed at inciting employees of state control bodies to a breach of the established procedure for the implementation of border and other controls, including the offer and (or) transfer to them any material value. Offering and (or) providing the benefits of property nature is also prohibited;
The admission of foreigners staying in the Republic of Belarus
The admission of foreigners staying in the Republic of BelarusUpon entering Belarus foreigners are required to have funds in the amount equivalent to at least 2 base units set in the Republic of Belarus per each day of stay. A foreigner arrived in the Republic of Belarus is to register with registrar by the actual place of residence within 5 days (except Sundays and public holidays).
Registration authorities in Belarus:
- Department of Foreign Affairs;
- Department of Internal affairs;
- Resorts and recreation establishments;
- Body of rural tourism.
At a border crossing a driver must remember
At a border crossing a driver must remember!A driver of a vehicle must have the original insurance certificate, valid in the territory of Belarus, and confirming the liability insurance in the Member State of the “Green Card” system. The vehicle participating in the road traffic and registered abroad without the agreement of compulsory insurance of civil liability of vehicle owners, functioning in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, establishes administrative liability under the Law 18.20, paragraph 4 of the Administrative Code on 20 base units (since 01.01.2016, the base unit is 21 BYN).
When crossing Belarus state border a foreigner is obliged to
When crossing Belarus state border a foreigner is obliged to:
- to have a valid document for traveling abroad, and a document providing a foreigner with the right to visit "Augustow Canal" park individually or within a group together with CMI (compulsory medical insurance) contract;
- to obtain and to fill in the migration card. Foreigner is also obliged to hand in a "B" part of the migration card during a border control procedure at a checkpoint across the Republic of Belarus State border (excepting foreigners temporarily or permanently residing in the Republic of Belarus, unless otherwise determined by the legislative acts and international treaties of the Republic of Belarus).
Border crossing rules for foreigners
Border crossing rules for foreignersForeign citizens and stateless persons (hereinafter - foreigners) should go through border and customs control when entering border of the Republic of Belarus. The following documents are needed:
- Valid document for traveling abroad (passport) with valid visa for the countries with which the Republic of Belarus has a visa regime;
- Document for citizenship returning (in case of passport loss on the territory of the Republic of Belarus);
- A valid document for traveling abroad and a document providing a foreigner with the right to visit "Augustow Canal" park individually or within a group. There are checkpoints at the border crossing between the Republic of Belarus and the Republic of Poland: Lesnaya (Rudavka), Bruzgi (Belostotskaya Forge), and with Lithuania at checkpoints Privalka (Švendubrė), Privalka (Raigardas).
For further legal information, please examine the following documents:
Edict of the President of Republic of Belarus 26.12.2017 No. 318 “About establishing visa-free procedure of entry and departure of foreign citizens”
REGULATION "About the procedure of foreign citizens visiting special tourist and recreational park “Awgustowski canal” and adjoined territories"
THE LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS OF JANUARY 4, 2010 No. 105-Z "Of the legal status of foreign citizens and stateless persons in the Republic of Belarus"
Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus 20.01.2006 No.73“About approving Rules of the stay at the Republic of Belarus for foreign citizen and stateless persons”
How can I issue a pass for visa-free entry?
Registration of visa-free documents can be organized by tour operators, which have a certificate of conformity for provided services. List of tour operators.
A request with required data is made to travel company, the list of the booked services is agreed upon, a question of payment is resolved. Then a travel company send required information for the border service, and you receive a document (pass) for presentation to border guards at the entrance to the Republic of Belarus. You will receive a pass via the Internet.
What documents are needed for a trip to Grodno without visa?
foreign citizens must carry:
- •valid passport;
- •pass (free document for a trip without visa);
- •money for personal needs: for each day of stay you have to have about 22 euros.
- •insurance policy.
More detailed information can be found here.
Is it possible to travel across Belarus, when I come to Grodno without visa?
There are three territories of visa-free entry in Belarus, depending on the selected point of entry into the country. When you enter through checkpoints:
- •Lesnaya (Rudavka)
- •Bruzgi (Kuznica Bialystockaya)
- •Privalka (Shvyandubre)
- •Privalka (Raigardas)
- •Grodno railway station
- •checkpoint "Airport" Grodno»
You can only visit the territory of the park “Augustov Canal”, the entire territory of Grodno region and Grodno.
If I arrive at Minsk airport can I visit Grodno without visa?
Yes, you can. When you cross the Belarussian border through Minsk airport, You can travel all over Belarus.
Can I visit Grodno and park “Augusov Canal” if I come to Brest without visa?
No, unfortunately, there is no such opportunity yet. When you cross the border of the Republic of Belarus at checkpoints:
- •Brest (Terespol)
- •Domachevo (Slovatichi)
- •Peschatka (Polovtsy)
- •Checkpoint with simplified procedure Pererov (Belovezha)
- •Railway checkpoint Brest (Terespol)
- •Checkpoint “Airport “Brest”
You can visit only the territory of National Park "Belovezhskaya Pushcha" on the territory of the tourist-recreational zone “Brest”, which includes:
- •Brest and Brest District,
- •Zhabinka district (Brest region),
- •Kamenetsky district (Brest region),
- •Pruzhany district (Brest region),
- •Svisloch district (Grodno region)
By means of what transport can I get to Grodno without visa?
It depends on the checkpoint, through which you are going to cross the border of Belarus. By car or bus, by train, by plane, by water transport and by Bicycle. More detailed information can be found here.
Why do I need to book a visa-free tour?
In Belarus, visas for foreign tourists visiting Grodno and its district were canceled.
But you need to buy a visa-free tour, on the basis of which a document to enter the country will be issued.
Tour operators, which have a certificate of conformity for provided services are allowed to formalize visa-free documents. List of tour operators.
What is included in the individual visa-free tour and what mandatory travel services must be ordered?
The individual visa-free tour includes:
- •Visa-free document for entry to Grodno
- •Health insurance in Belarus
- •Tourist services on a choise, you need to order at least 2
For more information, contact the tour operators.
Tourist services can be any, which you want, for example, museum visit, accommodation, food, excursion.
Where can I exchange currency in Grodno?
Only banks have the right to exchange currency in Belarus. List of banks and exchange offices in Grodno.
Can I can come to Grodno for 10 days by new rules?
Yes, you can be in Grodno and the region without a visa up to 10 days inclusively. But staying for more than 5 days requires mandatory registration by the registration authorities. (not applicable to residents of Lithuania and Latvia).
More detailed information can be found here.
What is a migration card?
A migration card is a document that a foreigner entering the territory of Belarus without a visa is obliged to fill out at the border and keep until leaving the country. In case of loss of the migration card the penalty is imposed.
Can I pay in foreign currency in Belarus?
No, in Belarus you can pay only in Belarusian rubles. List of banks and exchange offices in Grodno.
What do I need for registration of the document for visa-free entry?
It is necessary to make a request with required data to travel company, agree upon the list of the booked services, resolve a question of payment. Then a travel company send required information for the border service, and you receive a document (pass) for presentation to border guards at the entrance to the Republic of Belarus. The list of travel companies that have a certificate of conformity
Citizens of which countries can visit without a visa?
Tourism without visas on the territory of the Augustow canal and Grodno is allowed for citizens of 73 countries according to the list.
Is it necessary to book accommodation when traveling without a visa?
Not necessarily if you are coming for one day. If you plan to stay in Grodno for more than one day, you must have a document confirming your residency for the entire stay. Options for accommodation can be found here or here.
If I come to relatives do I need a document confirming the residency?
Yes, you need
What are online resources where I can learn more about your country?