The coast of the river. Shchara is a promising center for the development of ecological tourism at the national level.
The route is designed for different categories of tourists for both schoolchildren and adult visitors.
The length of the route is 4-5 km. It starts at the bridge over the river. Shchara - Museum - dugout, Shimki - Stone Shchara. It includes inspection of the following objects:
1. Stone monuments on the left bank of the river. Shchara, where before the war there was an old church and a cemetery with it. During one of the punitive operations, the Nazis burned the church, and only monuments indicate the place of its former location.
2. An old tar factory, which was built before the war in compliance with all the principles of tar extraction, which have been used in the forest for centuries. Today in Belarus there are no places where you can get acquainted with the features of one of the most common crafts of the inhabitants of the Belarusian forests. This building can be considered unique.
3. Shcharanskiy Svyato-Troitskiy istochnik is located in a hollow on the left bank of the river. Shchara, the water in it does not freeze even in the most severe frosts. At the source, a cross was consecrated by a local priest.
4. Memorial to the victims of fascism and heroes - partisans on the right bank of the river. Shchara. The memorial includes a stele with a bas-relief which depicts the silhouettes of partisans, civilians, as well as plates with the name of villages and towns of the Mostovsky district on which the number of dead people at the hands of the Nazis is indicated.
5. Shimki is one of the partisan bases during the Great Patriotic War. During the punitive operation, the Nazis burned the village. Until now, here you can see the ashes from the huts burned by the punitive. Post-war buildings were erected in the traditional style of the Pushcha architecture. These are picturesque village houses built of hewn logs. Here you can get well water or buy milk.
6. After 100 meters behind the village is a unique group of trees. Alder, ash, white and black birch trees grow close to each other on the outskirts of a small swamp covered with reeds. Black birch is listed in the Red Book. The tree is very rare in Belarus.
7. Далее маршрут приводит к привалу «Каменная Щара». Здесь также удивительная припойменная дубрава на высоком берегу реки. Противоположный берег пологий и часто заливается водой, долгое время оставаясь безбрежным простором. В этом месте река делится на два рукава. Гидроним «Каменная Щара» появился не случайно. Как раз в этом месте на противоположных берегах реки стоят деревни Москали и Задворье, причем у разных ее рукавов. Получалось так: по какому рукаву пройдет больше воды, тот берег и больше подмывается. А значит сокращается площадь принадлежащая деревне. Потому жители деревень строили различные каменные запруды и дамбы, чтобы повернуть воду в чужой рукав, из-за чего шла меду ними вражда. Поэтому название «Каменная Щара» не случайное.
8. Further, the route leads to the “Stone Shchara” halt. There is also an amazing floodplain oak forest on the high bank of the river. The opposite shore is gentle and often filled with water, for a long time remaining a vast expanse. At this point, the river is divided into two branches. Hydronym "Stone Shchara" appeared not by chance. Just in this place on the opposite banks of the river are the villages of Moskali and Zadvorye, and at its different branches. It turned out this way: on which sleeve more water will pass, that shore is washed more. So the area belonging to the village is reduced. Therefore, the villagers built various stone dams and dams to turn the water into someone else's sleeve, because of which there was enmity between them. Therefore, the name "Stone Shchara" is not accidental.
Today it is one of the most beautiful places on the river. Shchara. Beavers, otters are found here, you can see a gray heron, catch catfish, see the nests of swans, admire the sunrise, breathe in the aroma of wild plants, make a collection of wild herbs. This is a great place for overnight and fishing.
Traveling through the Lipichanskaya Pushcha sanctuary you will get vivid and unforgettable impressions, learn the history and traditions of these places.